Dean Group is in partnership with a top manufacturer who is known for their worldwide reputation for reliability in the products it produces and achieving outstanding growth. We are currently searching for a dedicated and motivated Quality Manager.
We are looking for a Quality professional who understands the principles of product and service quality, evaluation and control. By working with department managers, production staff and suppliers you will ensure quality, minimize the cost of rework or waste and maximize customer satisfaction.
- Plan, organize, schedule and maintain the activities of the quality department to ensure that the department supports the needs of manufacturing.
- Establish quality goals and objectives that support the facility’s operations. Champion the Quality Management System as the TS/ISO Management Representative.
- Establish a manpower plan to run the department effectively and efficiently. Develop and empower employees through training programs, feedback and reviews. Promote understanding of AIAG and customer tools.
- Establish long term plans for the department, equipment and personnel development.
- Ensure that the Quality requirements of our customers are met. Provide a supplier management system.
- Create, recommend, implement, verify and continually improve procedures and systems for the efficient and effective control of quality. Create plans to reduce the cost of poor quality.
- Ensure that high standards of quality are maintained; ensure effective and efficient usage and compliance to regulatory, legislative and customer requirements; ensure that immediate action is taken to rectify the cause of poor quality.
- Interact and maintain effective communication(s) with managers, supervisors, support staff and production personnel.
- Coordinate the development and preparation of quality documentation to support APQP, corrective actions, continuous improvement and plant metrics.
- A university degree or college diploma in administration, manufacturing, engineering or a related discipline
- Minimum of five years’ experience in manufacturing and five years in supervision.
- Ability to network with other facilities and other managers to exchange information and solve problems. Instruct staff regarding adherence to quality goals and objectives. Hold staff meetings in order to make announcements, review policies, procedures and discuss quality issues.
- Ability to make decisions about suggestions for change and continuous improvement. Respond to customer complaints. Make decisions about hiring and firing staff. Ability to train employees with the goal of empowering them.
- Ability to produce and interpret charts and metrics for the management team and/or customers. Complete legal forms for the facility.
- Ability to compare budgets to actual expenditures and make financial projections. Plan to reduce COPQ.
- Advanced knowledge of machine capability requirements and SPC tools. Trained in the ISO/TS16949 quality management systems and internal auditing. Knowledge of the Core Tools (APQP, MSA, PPAP, SPC, FMEA). Ability to use various computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Ability to track expenses and run projections. Familiar with customer websites.
- ASQ Certification.
All interested candidates can send their resume to Sandy at email@example.com
DEAN Group is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA), 2005 and will, upon request, provide the information in this communication or documentation about our services in a format that takes into account a person’s disability.
All Dean Group staff are fully trained and have established a Customer Service Standard in an effort to ensure that our office provides excellent customer service for all, including those with disabilities.
DEAN Group is pleased to assist those who may require specific accommodations due to a personal disability. We would ask that those who require assistance to notify our offices as soon as possible if accommodation is necessary.