Dean Group - Kitchener http://www.deangroup.ca
Post Date: 08/17/2017 2017-08-17 Job ID: 7109 Type: OS - Office Services
Dean Group is currently looking for a Senior Accountant for our client in Guelph. This is contract position with the opportunity to become permanent for the right fit. This position is for an immediate start.
The Senior Accountant prepares, records, analyzes and reports on the cost of producing the organization's products and services. Activities including the successful execution of the monthly cost accounting closing, cost reconciliations, implementation and testing of controls and various special projects for the Unit Controller and Corporate leadership.
· Book entries in support of accurate, timely and auditable financial statements during month close.
· Maintain detailed documentation in support of entries.
· Drive discipline on cost account reconciliations, and variance explanations.
· Document cost accounting close and related business processes.
· Installs and directs cost control systems, interprets cost data including inventory valuation.
· Annual cost roll update.
· Detect and coordinate the resolution of various errors in HFM and BPCS related to month end close and budget.
· Works under only general direction.
· Exercises some latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
· Completed work is reviewed for desired results. Researches programs/tools and develops recommendations.
· Records and ensures the accuracy of monthly metrics reporting.
· Analyzes metrics for trends.
· Creates semi-complex reports.
All interested candidates, please send your resume to Dawn Wickham at firstname.lastname@example.org
"In our dealings with Dean Group, we have always been provided with quality personnel in a timely manner. It has always been a pleasure dealing with Dean for their expertise, personal commitment, and energy to meet our goals."- Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment