Dean Group is recruiting a full time, permanent Accounts Payable Associate for a reputable Kitchener client. Salary range is $45000.00-$50000.00 depending on experience.
- Managing accounts payable, including following up on vendor invoicing and tracking of purchase orders
- Fostering strong relationships with vendors through timely and friendly correspondence, including addressing any payment and invoicing related issues
- Investigating the statuses of unresolved purchase orders and collaborating internally on the proper accounting treatment of invoices and accruals
- Updating and maintaining accrual tracking spreadsheets and subledgers to support accurate financial reporting and forecasting
- Tracking and recording credit card activity, including performing credit card reconciliations
- Improving and automating accounts payable and related systems and processes through building and enhancing technological integrations and business process improvements
- Assisting with month-close tasks and supporting external audit requests
- Stay on top of purchase invoices/accruals under complex vendor agreements
- Work on projects such as a new PO system roll-out, automating vendor payments etc
- Collaborate with Finance team and the business to ensure all A/P related responsibilities are met in a timely manner
- Verify that orders are charged to the proper accounts
- Post and reconcile company payments to general ledgers
- Review bills to the company for potential errors and/or discrepancies
- Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies or misapplied cash transactions
- Post A/P data to profit/loss reports, balance sheets, income statements, and other documentation
- Review all credit balances, refunds, and adjustments, and apply adjustments and/or corrections to corporate billing records
- Other duties as necessary
- College Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- 5-10 years of experience in accounts payable
- Extremely strong attention to detail with a keen focus on accuracy of numbers and financial data
- Unparalleled organizational skills to ensure no tasks or issues are ever missed or left uncompleted
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and corporate financial accounting
- Enhanced problem-solving skills along with the capacity to devise innovative solutions to tweak and improve accounts payable systems and processes
- Capable of taking on and handling tasks independently, as well as of coordinating and working with different levels within the organization
- Adept at both oral and written communication across all departments in an organization
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel, accounting systems, ERPs, as well as general tech savvy to adapt to different platforms
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please email resume to email@example.com
DEAN Group is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA), 2005 and will, upon request, provide the information in this communication or documentation about our services in a format that takes into account a person’s disability.
All Dean Group staff are fully trained and have established a Customer Service Standard in an effort to ensure that our office provides excellent customer service for all, including those with disabilities.
DEAN Group is pleased to assist those who may require specific accommodations due to a personal disability. We would ask that those who require assistance to notify our offices as soon as possible if accommodation is necessary.